Intensive Care Unit
It is our mission to provide each patient with exceptional care, service and compassion. Family members of ICU patients will be provided with as much information as possible upon arrival. Visiting hours may limit the time allowed for friends and family, but extended visiting hours can be arranged when possible.
- 6 - 6:15 a.m.
- 8 - 8:30 a.m.
- 10 - 10:15 a.m.
- Noon - 12:30 p.m.
- 2 - 2:15 p.m.
- 4 - 4:15 p.m.
- 6 - 6:30 p.m.
- 8 - 8:15 p.m.
ICU Waiting: (256) 233-9397 (extension 1397)*
ICU Nursing Station: (256) 233-9481 (extension 1481)*
Main Number: (256) 233-9292
Hospital Operator: extension “0”
Social Services: (256) 233-9459 (extension 1459)*
*Numbers in parenthesis indicate the number to be dialed within the hospital extension system. Area calling is available by dialing 9 and number you wish to reach
Infection Control Guidelines
- Food is not allowed in ICU patient rooms
- Plants are not allowed in ICU patient rooms
- Wash hands before and after contact with the patient
- Pay special attention to any signs requiring gloves, gowns or masks.
Caregiver Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to
- Be treated in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Be updated on the condition of your family member at any time.
- Visit a patient during designated visiting hours.
- Request the attending physician update you on his/her plan of care for the patient.
You have the responsibility to
- Respect the privacy of other patients and their families.
- Honor visiting hours.
- Update the ICU staff on any concerns you may have.
- Know the patient rights and responsibilities. Rights and responsibilities are listed in our Patient Information Booklet provided in the admissions kit.
- Take time to rest and care for yourselves.
The cafeteria is located on the first floor and the hours are:
Monday - Friday
Breakfast 7:30 - 9 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Dinner 5 - 6 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Vending machines are available on the third floor near One Day Admission.